Talk

Advanced search

Built in BBQ, hints / advice / ideas

(9 Posts)
smilesandsun Fri 07-Aug-15 08:25:00

Hi,

Has anyone got a quality built in BBQ? I'm researching them and can't find anything that seems to fit the bill without costing £10,000 which in my opinion is a crazy amount to spend on a bbq, especially in this country with the lack of sunny days!

Love some hints / advice / ideas

thx

smilesandsun Fri 07-Aug-15 11:27:31

bumping just in case..... smile

wowfudge Fri 07-Aug-15 12:21:43

We had one at our old house. Not sure you'd describe it as quality - I think the previous owners built it from a kit and it matched the garden wall. Anyway - still standing about twenty years later, did the job. Handily the wheelie bin slotted into the space when the charcoal tray was taken out!

smilesandsun Sun 09-Aug-15 12:39:01

thanks wow fudge. I will just keep researching as they probably don't sell those now smile)

wowfudge Sun 09-Aug-15 23:36:36

Actually they do - the kit consists of brackets you put between the courses of bricks, charcoal rack, grill and you supply your own bricks!

smilesandsun Mon 10-Aug-15 10:45:46

thanks I'll search it up

hereandtherex Mon 10-Aug-15 16:10:12

Wrong type of cooking for the UK. Waste of money IMHO.
But Im not you.

wowfudge Mon 10-Aug-15 17:03:33

That was helpful

PettsWoodParadise Mon 10-Aug-15 20:24:14

This is the cheap option www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/3451247.htm Plus bricks but at the other end of the spectrum you have cabanas with built in pizza ovens and chimneas . I know a few people who have had built in BBQs - most have regretted it as they couldn't change location depending on weather / wind direction etc - one however loved his BBQ - he is of course a bricklayer and it was magnificent and a bit of a talking point. Even that one though suffered from a neigjbour's tree growing over the years and affecting foundations and hanging over the BBQ too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now