Talk

Advanced search

Plumbing problem the night before completion!

(5 Posts)
EarSlaps Thu 06-Aug-15 22:32:08

Just unplumbed the washing machine and I've found out that the little knob you turn to stop the water isn't actually stopping the water.

I've turned the little screw on the pipe, but the pipe separates off and feeds the boiler too. So no hot water until we get it fixed sad.

If the buyers have a washing machine ready to plumb in then it's no problem, it will need fixing but isn't an emergency. If they don't then we need a plumber asap.

Who is responsible for paying for this- I assume we are as it was found on our watch. Or should we split the cost?

EauPea Thu 06-Aug-15 22:39:01

Screwfix/Toolstation you will get an isolation valve for under £2.00.

If the water is off at the mains it's a very quick, simple job.

EarSlaps Thu 06-Aug-15 22:51:23

I've had a quick Google and not sure it's simple enough for us! Neither dh or I are very handy.

Luckily I remembered that one of DS's best friend's dads is a plumber so I sent him a text and he'll be here at 7.30! At least it gets me up and means I can shower before we move!

EauPea Thu 06-Aug-15 22:55:12

Phew!! Best of luck for tomorrow.

EarSlaps Thu 06-Aug-15 22:58:15

Thank you, drinking wine from a plastic cup right now, had to pour a large one after discovering that! At least I knew about the little screw isolation valve further up the pipe, dh doesn't have a clue!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now