Talk

Advanced search

Cost of living commutable to North Merseyside.

(4 Posts)
Fieldday Thu 06-Aug-15 22:22:53

I wonder if anyone could help. My cousin, from abroad, has just been offered a job in North Merseyside. He needs to decide if he will take it in the next 24 hours. He will get a salary of around £60k. His wife may or may not work, so they don't want to take her salary into consideration. I know this question is a little 'how long is a piece of string', but is this enough to rent a comfortable (not lavish) 3 bed somewhere commutable with a Jewish Community, pay for childcare/nursery/school for an 18 month old and 4 year old and still have money left over for holidays/leisure? At present they live in a modest 3 bed (small garden, 1 open plan living space, in a purpose built town of apartments). Their youngest is with the equivalent of a childminder, and I guess their eldest would be old enough to start state reception next year. I really appreciate any help you could give with this.

AsparagusFern Thu 06-Aug-15 23:13:20

Erm, £60k sounds plenty to me.

wowfudge Fri 07-Aug-15 14:44:10

Where in North Merseyside? Could make quite a difference to roads, trains, etc.

auntpetunia Sat 08-Aug-15 14:35:29

Childwall/Allerton area has a thriving Jewish community and schools, with a salary of £60K should be fine

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: