Talk

Advanced search

Cost of living commutable to North Merseyside.

(4 Posts)
Fieldday Thu 06-Aug-15 22:22:53

I wonder if anyone could help. My cousin, from abroad, has just been offered a job in North Merseyside. He needs to decide if he will take it in the next 24 hours. He will get a salary of around £60k. His wife may or may not work, so they don't want to take her salary into consideration. I know this question is a little 'how long is a piece of string', but is this enough to rent a comfortable (not lavish) 3 bed somewhere commutable with a Jewish Community, pay for childcare/nursery/school for an 18 month old and 4 year old and still have money left over for holidays/leisure? At present they live in a modest 3 bed (small garden, 1 open plan living space, in a purpose built town of apartments). Their youngest is with the equivalent of a childminder, and I guess their eldest would be old enough to start state reception next year. I really appreciate any help you could give with this.

AsparagusFern Thu 06-Aug-15 23:13:20

Erm, £60k sounds plenty to me.

wowfudge Fri 07-Aug-15 14:44:10

Where in North Merseyside? Could make quite a difference to roads, trains, etc.

auntpetunia Sat 08-Aug-15 14:35:29

Childwall/Allerton area has a thriving Jewish community and schools, with a salary of £60K should be fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now