Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen recommendations .

(8 Posts)
drLu Tue 04-Aug-15 19:02:10

Well I was set to go with Wren but been put off them now. Who would you recommend as being good to deal with. Want a good quality middle range kitchen.

123rd Tue 04-Aug-15 19:14:02

Loads of people recommend DIY kitchens on here. They are on line. I've not used them. I'm in the middle of sorting out a kitchen and it's stressing me out. Big timehmm I was disappointed with Howdens and Benchmarx quotes. I was expecting something a lot less expensive. Wickes came in a bit more but have had two from there in the past and had no problems what so ever.
I'm waiting for Magnet to get back to me. Have you seen the massive thread on here about lessons learnt? Very good and valid points on there.

suzyrut Wed 05-Aug-15 10:25:06

Have just bought a diy kitchens kitchen. It is currently sitting in my garage waiting to be installed when current building work is finished but I would say I found them very helpful, there is masses of choice and the quality of what I've seen is really good. They are also cheaper to get someone to install because they're pre-built rather than flatpack.

The only difference is that you have to design it yourself, if you have plans that you were happy with you can always buy the same set of units or do what I did and spend hours on houzz until you have a clear idea of what you want.

Good luck, it's a really exciting process and I can't wait to have mine in (and not have to make all meals in a microwave in the living room!)

Ramona75 Thu 06-Aug-15 10:44:06

DIY Kitchens don't do the planning for you but they have an advice area with loads of info in it and customer questions, which they've answered. advice.diy-kitchens.com/customer-questions/

OnePlanOnHouzz Thu 06-Aug-15 11:34:21

There's lots of smaller businesses too that might be worth a look too . Often you get better service from someone local,simply because they are local, and they value their reputation in the community - although I must admit I haven't heard any bad comments from clients of mine who've used DIY kitchens .

GoooRooo Thu 06-Aug-15 11:41:51

Ikea. Seriously. I had a top notch Howdens kitchen in the past and my new Ikea one is just as good if not better.

VicklePickle Thu 06-Aug-15 16:41:16

Have you tried Naked Kitchens? Their quality is fantastic and everything is made bespoke to order.

SmellTheGlove Thu 06-Aug-15 18:04:23

I've just had a DIY Kitchens kitchen put in. It's really nice. Seems very solid and substantial, fitters were happy putting it in. They use Second Nature doors which are apparently also used in more expensive kitchens. I chose Milbourne Chalk, which is white shaker. I found the planning side quite stressful but actually it turned out alright, (small kitchen though, and no tricky corners!)- my only mistake was ordering end panels in carcass material rather than door material, but I exchanged them ok (had to pay return postage which was £20). I also had a damaged unit delivered, but they exchanged this no problem and sent the replacement really quickly. I've been impressed with the actual kitchen and the customer service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now