Advanced search

Making 3 out of 2!

(4 Posts)
Julieb85 Tue 04-Aug-15 16:05:48

We've just about finished converting our master bedroom into 2 smaller rooms. One of which is adjoining to new master which bifold doors. Does this count as a full bedroom given it doesn't have independent access? Just wondering if I need to get onto change insurance etc to be a 3 bed home??

wowfudge Tue 04-Aug-15 16:13:46

Hmm - is there no way to give independent access? Could cause you problems if/when you come to sell. What about emergency exit routes? I doubt what you are doing meets building regs for those reasons therefore you couldn't legitimately sell it as a three bed house.

VulcanWoman Tue 04-Aug-15 16:27:13

Would it be classed as a large cupboard.

Julieb85 Tue 04-Aug-15 16:32:56

As there are no structural wall changes then building warrants weren't required. We've followed building regs but they only require fire windows. It's going to be a dressing room for the moment and then a nursery. Not to worried about selling as a 3, happy to put it back, or sell as a 2 - did this more for practical reasons for us.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: