Talk

Advanced search

How do integrated appliances work in a handless kitchen?

(8 Posts)
Mercedes Sat 01-Aug-15 17:43:59

We're just planning out what appliances we need to but and I really want a handle less kitchen - how does this work ? How do you open the door? Do you just pull the top out if it's a dishwasher. Stupid question i know but can't quite visualise how it works.

juneybean Sat 01-Aug-15 17:51:40

In my employers house the tops of the doors have a ridge to get your fingers into.

CorBlimeyTrousers Sat 01-Aug-15 17:55:43

Yes even handle less units will need a hand-hold to open. Our kitchen is handle less and the units, including the dishwasher door and fridge/freezer, have a indent at the top so you can pull them open. The dishwasher is totally integrated so you can't see any control panel when it's shut. When the dishwasher is on it shines a little red light on the floor. Clever huh.

CorBlimeyTrousers Sat 01-Aug-15 17:56:51

Like this

www.housetohome.co.uk/product-idea/picture/kitchen-unit-doors-10-of-the-best/2

Optimist1 Sat 01-Aug-15 18:02:13

Agreed, handle-less units will have a place where you hook your fingers in to pull the door or drawer open. The same doors are used for integrated appliances as for cupboards.

zeeww Sat 01-Aug-15 19:46:34

Watch out for the recessed handleless kitchen style, depending on the make of your integrated dishwasher, your plinth below the dishwasher may need to be cut slightly to accommodate for the dishwasher door opening (hinged at the bottom). this may mean the cutout in the plinth may be visible from far depending on the layout and size of your kitchen/island

Mercedes Sat 01-Aug-15 20:27:21

Oh that makes sense specially when I see picture.

The plinth shouldn't be a problem as it's not a huge kitchen so not a lot of space to see from afar.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 01-Aug-15 22:28:27

Miele do a dw you knock on the door and it opens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now