Talk

Advanced search

Amused by these estate agent photos

(16 Posts)
Northernlurker Sat 01-Aug-15 14:41:32

link

Ok so this is clearly a 'opportunity' house but just how bad are the main living rooms? grin There's a photo of the bay window, the hall and stairs, v unattractive bathroom. Then there's the road outside, from a bad angle, the cycle path.....oh yes ad the back yard from a most unattractive angle too! Don't get me started on the loft room shot.......

verystressedmum Sat 01-Aug-15 14:54:40

Why is there a photo of the road sign???grin

bilbodog Sat 01-Aug-15 14:55:20

Yeh - pretty bad! could be a bargain for someone? Believe it or not I have seen worse.............

Northernlurker Sat 01-Aug-15 14:59:05

The agent clearly thinks being next to the cycle lane will be a selling point I guess. No other reason for the sign pic

mysteryfairy Sat 01-Aug-15 16:26:54

It's bad but also lovely! I actually want to be the fixer up of it! Wonder how bad the kitchen is and whether it was impossible to find a bizarre angle in there?

Valsoldknickers Sat 01-Aug-15 16:39:55

Possibly has someone lined up to buy it already and is just going through the motions hoping not to attract any other potential buyers?

I don't have a clue about the area but looks like an executor's sale and an ideal opportunity for a developer to me?

BitOfFun Sat 01-Aug-15 16:48:32

Good grief, the price of it shock

SoupDragon Sat 01-Aug-15 16:53:45

The photos remind me of when I gave my camera to DD, aged 4.

Northernlurker Sat 01-Aug-15 17:12:17

I think it's too expensive anyway. I DO know the area and it's ok but 295 is too much for a house in that state. The one a few doors up sold for much less last year in a better state and house prices in York are pretty steady. It won't really be 4 beds either. All the others I've seen on that street have one loft room rather than two small ones. Link here for last years house.

MyHovercraftIsFullOfEels Sat 01-Aug-15 20:41:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Donatellalymanmoss Sat 01-Aug-15 22:03:11

They are amusing but I can see why they've put those in, it's all original features and location, no idea about price as I don't know much about York.

ReallyNotAMorningPerson Sat 01-Aug-15 22:43:59

Those have to win an award for most random estate agent photos ever.

emotionsecho Sun 02-Aug-15 00:15:14

They do seem like pictures taken to not sell the property. Last year's is lovely and does illustrate what it could be.

SinisterBunnyMonth Sun 02-Aug-15 00:29:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Yorkiebar123 Sun 02-Aug-15 14:12:02

I live near here and saw a man having a poo on the cycle track so believe me it doesn't help sell a house!!

Madcats Sun 02-Aug-15 21:38:24

I can only think the place has tenants or nobody has told granny that the kids want to sell the house and pop her in a retirement home. Bizarre choice of pictures.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now