Talk

Advanced search

Ok we've sstc... what now ? Any advice.

(4 Posts)
chosenone Fri 31-Jul-15 21:29:54

Ok. I tentatively say we've sold (fingers crossed it all goes through) ive been here 15 years and just can't remember a lot. We've sold to cash buyers who are investment buyers so not in a major rush. There are literally about 4 houses I'm interested in at the moment. I have looked into Conveyancing quotes with online solicitors and one affiliated with my union. Do i need to do anything until i see something ? Do I instruct before ? Do I need to check that all fees are payable at the end of the process ?

specialsubject Sat 01-Aug-15 14:34:28

yes, get a solicitor set up and check all the small print. You want fixed fee - there will be some things that are additional so make sure you don't do any of those.

ask how quickly they turn things round and what happens if your nominated contact is on holiday. Any fluffy answers, go elsewhere. Anyone with the brains of a monkey should be able to communicate and deputise.

solicitor gets paid on completion.

chosenone Sun 02-Aug-15 09:48:11

Ok. Great. Thanks. We are looking to put an offer in on a property on Monday and have found a decent looking solicitor. Fingers crossed.

Fizrim Sun 02-Aug-15 09:52:42

Check with the solicitors if you need a deposit at exchange, if you need to come up with the cash at short notice it is tricky!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now