Buying a new build Taylor Wimpey home

(2 Posts)
tanjay2 Fri 31-Jul-15 14:26:00

Hi,

We're currently in the process of putting in an offer to purchase a new build Taylor Wimpey home. I'm conscious that there have been some interesting horror stories online of home owners' experiences but I was looking to see if anyone here has had more current experiences. Most online are all completely out of date - ie 2010-2012 and it seems all has gone quiet since then. Would love to hear from anyone who's recently moved into a new Taylor Wimpey home and their experiences.

Many thanks!

Ruhrpott Fri 31-Jul-15 15:16:55

We bought one in 2010 so not recent. My comments are you can haggle the price with them but they are more likely to give you extras included if you ask rather than money off. Make sure you know what your getting. Ours had no electric in the garage in the normal spec. Call them in for all the snagging. They do snagging up to 2 years after that only major issues are covered under the warranty. Have a look on house price websites to see what your neighbours paid but remember that includes all their extras.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now