Talk

Advanced search

Fed up, need to vent! (And some sense talking into me!!)

(4 Posts)
Slowlybutsurely Wed 29-Jul-15 15:37:48

Hi, just feeling fed up! Have been trying to sell our house on and off for 3 years. Felt in limbo, lost interest in anything house wise as hoped we were moving. Move necessary to get youngest into same school as her sister (had to appeal to get oldest in). Finally had offer in May. However, all the houses I'd been stalking on RightMove have typically disappeared!!
Found one but vendors would not accept our offer and we can't pay full asking price. Now going to rent but proving very stressful as they go so fast! Trying to juggle sorting out rental with exchange. Frightened of signing up to rent then house sale falls through?
Feeling fed up of constant waiting- for solicitors, for estate agents to ring back etc.
Feeling fed up about renting as feels like we are back where we started. I was so looking forward to having my forever home. I know it's silly, renting means my daughter will get into school with her sister and we will be in good position when something turns up on market I guess.
Just feeling so fed up with it all, someone talk some sense into me, I know I'm being daft!!

littlem133 Wed 29-Jul-15 15:48:37

We sold our house last year but hadn't found anything to move to so we went in to rented. House hunting then was so much less stressful and the pressure was off in finding something at the right time. Instead, we've since found the right house and as its a doer upper we've stayed in the rental whilst the builders work their magic. It's worked out perfectly! Don't stress!

Slowlybutsurely Wed 29-Jul-15 16:45:26

Ok, this is exactly what I needed to hear!! We want a doer upper too! Thank you x

newstart15 Wed 29-Jul-15 18:11:54

Is there any holiday let's near you that you could use from exchange so you don't need to sign a tenancy in advance? You are moving forwards towards your goal, just keep the focus on that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now