Talk

Advanced search

Showing house for sale

(7 Posts)
thecountrysideistooquiet Sun 26-Jul-15 19:00:49

Just wondered what everyone does with their kids when showing people round their house when selling. House goes on the market tomorrow and i have a 5 year old at home during the holidays, dh away for work not due back for another 2 and half weeks, no neighbours i can pop it down the road too (rural) and no one close by. Can i get him to chill quietly with his Ipad and headphones on somewhere in the house, put a movie on? Any tips?

PlainHunting Sun 26-Jul-15 20:11:28

I got the agent to do it and took the Dcs out for the duration.

I can't imagine one child sitting quietly in a corner would be a problem for viewers though.

specialsubject Sun 26-Jul-15 20:21:27

viewers will assume that the child does not come with the house...

don't worry!

JammyTodger Sun 26-Jul-15 20:25:36

I have a 6 year old a 4m old. The agent will be doing viewings while we go out for tea/cake/other time appropriate treat.
Doing it ourselves would be way too stressful at tea or bed times. It's hard enough keeping the place tidy over the school holidays.

fukkigucci Sun 26-Jul-15 20:27:05

We just sat in the back garden for a while

Wishful80sMontage Sun 26-Jul-15 20:28:49

Yes to agent doing the viewings and you taking DCs out- thats what we did if the other could do the viewing

thecountrysideistooquiet Sun 26-Jul-15 20:34:47

Thanks folks i am happy to do the viewings as we are selling a small holding and have an unusual feature at the house too so would like to be around to answer questions people may have. Think we will go out and feed the hens and play some football outside when the people are in the house then go back in when they want to look outside smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now