Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of this wallpaper?

(15 Posts)
Tobermory Fri 24-Jul-15 23:02:38

In a period property with v high ceilings. The dining room 'half' of a knocked through kitchen/diner. DH really likes it.. I'm a bit reticent.

Tobermory Fri 24-Jul-15 23:03:43

Forgot to add the pic! !

Marmitelover55 Fri 24-Jul-15 23:05:29

What style is the kitchen? I liked the wallpaper but it might not go with a very modern kitchen?

Tobermory Fri 24-Jul-15 23:15:14

That's tricky to answer.
The kitchen is modern, dark grey gloss doors with metal handles and stainless steel worktop. But the dining room part has traditional features, old fireplace, fancy plasterwork on walls and ceiling and I was hoping to pretty up the kitchen by including 'prettier' details into the dining room... Old fashioned shaped settle and a dresser for example.

Marmitelover55 Fri 24-Jul-15 23:36:47

Sounds good thensmile

Springcleanish Fri 24-Jul-15 23:40:18

Yep, love it.
You could go for a bigger print if you preferred though.

Kitsmummy Sat 25-Jul-15 06:57:28

Whilst I don't particularly dislike the paper I don't think it will go with dark grey gloss units. That paper to me looks like it belongs in a v formal country manor style home with a v traditional kitchen owned by 60 year olds

Lelivre Sat 25-Jul-15 08:09:44

It is pretty. A bit more suited to a bedroom for me. I am with kitsmummy regarding the colour. A golden yellow would offer more interest and contrast.

Tobermory Sat 25-Jul-15 08:16:56

Ok...mixed bag of responses.

Hate yellow lelivre

Marmitelover55 Sat 25-Jul-15 09:48:13

Sounds like we have a similar oath set up to you. This is the wallpaper we chose:

www.romo.com/collections/wall-coverings/orvieto-wallcoverings/pintura-wallcovering

Marmitelover55 Sat 25-Jul-15 09:49:01

Sorry about random oath!

Lelivre Sat 25-Jul-15 09:50:24

Fair enough! I can't decorate with red myself.

Earthy colours, oranges, pinks even salmon may offer contrast and soften the look of the modern kitchen without having to go for a very pretty patterned paper.

But here's a pretty one with pinks and greys. With wallpaper I think you should love it as it's such hassle to change.

Lelivre Sat 25-Jul-15 09:51:41

Marmite - love that! Would go in my place hmmmm

Tobermory Sat 25-Jul-15 20:09:21

Marmite - really nice print but too modern for me.

Lelivre - colour suggestions helpful thsnks.

Sunnyshores Sun 26-Jul-15 13:53:30

Tobomory - I love that paper, it sounds as if it would go really well with the dining room part of the house. Just not so sure about going with the more modern kitchen, but obviously you can tell better being there.

The 2nd modern print I def dont think would go with the period dining room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now