Talk

Advanced search

Viewers like our house, we've seen one we like, anything we can do?

(8 Posts)
JuniorMint Thu 23-Jul-15 20:37:22

Our house has been on the market about a month, had 5 or 6 viewings. Most recent viewers have viewed twice and have told us through the agents that they are interested but are viewing some others. They currently live in a rented flat.

Tonight we've been to see one we really like and would be interested in taking further. I keep my eye on the area and things move fast. We viewed one in the area just after ours went on the market and it was listed as under offer within a week. The house we've seen tonight has no upper chain as the family hope to emigrate to Australia!

Is there anything we can do?! I feel so out of control with the whole process. I was wondering whether I should phone our agents tomorrow to enquire about the viewers- would they like to come for a third time, do they have a mortgage secured, are they having second viewings anywhere else etc, and let them know that we've seen one we like. DH thinks that's pointless and we just need to wait it out.

Any advice greatly appreciated! smile

And yes I know I shouldn't look at houses I like until we have a buyer secured for ours blush

PestoSwimissimos Thu 23-Jul-15 20:43:17

I think you just have to wait until you have a firm offer on yours before you can out in a serious offer on a property you like.

JuniorMint Thu 23-Jul-15 20:47:44

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we definitely wouldn't make an offer on anywhere without having an offer on ours first- I hadn't even really considered that that would be possible to do. I was just wondering whether there could be anything I could do to "help" our viewers along to a decision more quickly grin (a positive decision of course!)

Wishful80sMontage Thu 23-Jul-15 20:49:48

You could drop the asking price if you really don't want to lose the other house but I would hold firm on price yet.
Could you do an open day? Generate a buzz about the house?

JuniorMint Thu 23-Jul-15 20:55:47

I know re: dropping the price- this is exactly what my brother said the other day- DON'T look at anything yet as if you fall in love with somewhere, you will be more likely to panic sell yours for lower than you should! I suppose I will just have to sit tight and see what happens with these viewers!

mysteryfairy Thu 23-Jul-15 21:22:26

I wouldn't chase your second viewers or let them know securing a house depends on a sale. It would be unsurprising if they took that as a hint to offer very low!

JuniorMint Thu 23-Jul-15 21:24:11

Thanks mysteryfairy

Waitingfordolly Thu 23-Jul-15 21:29:34

I would let the estate agent know you've found somewhere as that might be a factor in potential buyers' decisions and make your house more desirable. I would also be prepared to accept a lower offer if I still thought it was reasonable to get a house I really wanted if I could still afford it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now