Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy bathroom suite from?

(11 Posts)
Wiifitmama Thu 23-Jul-15 20:27:15

We are redoing our very small family bathroom. We need to order in the bath, toilet, sinks, taps etc. We want somewhere reasonable quality but not expensive. Hoping to spend no more than £800 on the bath, bath panel, shower screen, toilet, sink vanity unit and taps.

Can anyone recommend somewhere?

Thanks!

Elizabethreallyismissing Thu 23-Jul-15 21:15:41

Oh looking forward to these replies, I'm in the same situation! Been checking out Betterbathrroms but haven't ordered anything yet! Having the bath taken out & having a walk in shower!

VulcanWoman Thu 23-Jul-15 21:35:13

Wickes.

Bearbehind Thu 23-Jul-15 21:56:50

Betterbathrooms

Their prices are way cheaper than most others but everything we got was great- they even sorted out a damaged item with a replacement in less than 48 hours.

Having said that- we live near one of their showrooms- I'd never have ordered if I hadn't seen it beforehand- not from a quality point of view but when I saw what I thought I wanted in the flesh rather than the Internet, I didn't like it but loved the alternative I did find.

Wiifitmama Thu 23-Jul-15 22:09:50

Thank you. I looked at Betterbathrooms and liked their selection and prices but wasn't sure of quality.

Loumate666 Fri 24-Jul-15 08:24:26

After lots of looking around on prices, I've just placed a hefty order with UKBathroomStore.

They've been excellent on pre-sales and so far delivered the first batch of stuff on time. They can source lots of different brands. The were some things I couldn't make up my mind on so I called them and they suggested stuff in my price range. It's a 'so far so good' from me for them.

AlfieandAnnieRose Mon 27-Jul-15 12:19:03

Hi we are having our cloakroom bathroom done and we've chosen some pieces from betterbathrooms, we were ready to order but just read some reviews online and they sound terrible! Awful customer service, products arrived damaged..
This previous thread for example www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/a1182520-Need-to-buy-a-bathroom-suite-very-quickly-Any-recommendations-Who-to-avoid

Now im really confused! Should we go ahead with betterbathrooms, I mean there are some people who had no issues, or look elsewhere? Victoria Plumb seems another one to avoid too! confused
Any recommendations perhaps of where to buy?

mrssmooth Mon 27-Jul-15 14:43:41

I can highly recommend City Plumbing (don't be fooled by the "tradesperson only" stuff - I went in off the street to have a look at their showroom and they were great!) Good quality stuff and quickly ordered in too. [Can I make one teeny weeny suggestion though - please get the longer version of the shower screen. The "standard" ones are never long enough! How I wish I'd paid the extra £100 instead of having to wipe the spray off my bathroom floor after every shower!]

Onecurrantbun Mon 27-Jul-15 20:03:08

City Plumbing great for our ensuite; fan for small spaces as lots of short projection loos/petite vanity units

V reasonable for the quality

velidhu Mon 27-Jul-15 21:01:11

Plumbers' merchants. I sourced Roca, Ideal Standard & Bristan products from Plumbase. If you don't use credit, they're give you discounts up tp 40% off, just ask for it! My local branch also had a showroom so I could 'touch' & 'feel' their most popular ranges.

AlfieandAnnieRose Mon 27-Jul-15 21:53:05

Thanks for the suggestions, City Plumbing don't have the vanity unit we are looking for though. Does anyone have any experience with Bellabathrooms by the way?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now