Talk

Advanced search

american fridge freezers which one?

(11 Posts)
kgirl83 Wed 22-Jul-15 16:26:15

I was interested in a rangemaster but the salesmen in different stores seemed reluctant to sell them because they have problems, does anyone have one and do they find them troublesome? I had my heart set on one but am not wanting to spend that much money on something that is not worth it.

Loumate666 Wed 22-Jul-15 18:37:00

I'm also interested in the Rangemaster DXD but have also heard some iffy feedback on it mainly around after sales service. I've not ordered mine yet so interested in any feedback on here.

FWIW I'm also looking at this one which is similar.

wowfudge Wed 22-Jul-15 19:18:08

£2k for fridge freezer. I had palpitations. Sorry, not helpful.

JillBYeats Wed 22-Jul-15 19:25:45

Are you completely sure this is the type of fridge you want? My dh was adamant he did - with ice and water too. We never use the ice, the filter on the water went and we have yet to find a replacement and the freezer is too narrow for anything! If I was going for a f/f this width again I'd have one with double fridge doors at the top and wide freezer drawers at the bottom. Each to their own I know but my F/F doesn't hold frozen pizza even sad

JillBYeats Wed 22-Jul-15 19:27:26

blush oops I see Rangemaster do one like I described...<<slinks back to corner>>

HarlettOScara Wed 22-Jul-15 19:28:04

Not a Whirlpool or an LG. Both shite but the Whirlpool in particular took shite to a whole new level.

Chippedrippedandstinking Wed 22-Jul-15 19:30:02

We have the Rangemaster (with matching cookergrin) and I love it. Not had any problems at all and the design makes great sense to me as you can see dverything all at the same time.

busjs79 Wed 22-Jul-15 19:55:37

Sorry Harlett but must disagree, my LG is now 10 years old and hasn't caused me a moments bother - about to move house with me!

Marmitelover55 Wed 22-Jul-15 20:09:21

We have a Samsung AFF and love it! Love the ice and filtered water and the size is massive smile

Bostonpj Wed 22-Jul-15 20:39:38

We have the Samsung AFF with French doors/freezer drawer. I love it, loads of space along side the ice maker and water filter and the freezer drawers fit a lot too.

HarlettOScara Wed 22-Jul-15 21:57:50

To be fair to my LG, busjs79, it works fine and hasn't given me any actual trouble but the build quality is rubbish. I'm moving next month and am delighted to be leaving it behind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now