Talk

Advanced search

How soon did you have viewings after putting house up for sale?

(10 Posts)
AndDeepBreath Wed 22-Jul-15 09:20:38

We finally put our flat on the market last night and are now crossing our fingers... we've been warned it's the summer and this might slow things down though.

Out of curiosity and excitement, how long did it take your place to receive viewings?

TheEmpressofBlandings Wed 22-Jul-15 09:23:09

We went on the market in the summer hols last year and didn't get a viewing for weeks. 3 or 4 weeks I think? Our estate agent was pretty useless all in though, we switched away from them as soon as the contract was up.

eaiand2 Wed 22-Jul-15 09:26:50

Our flat went on the market in October and we had viewings within 2 days, offers that day, finally did a best and final offer round the following weekend and had accepted an offer within 10 days of it going on the market. The house we bought I actually viewed BEFORE it was officially on the market as I was only able to do viewings in the space of 2 days as we were living in Europe temporarily, so I viewed the house as the estate agent took the photos, it was on the market later that day and we put our offer in the following day!

AndDeepBreath Wed 22-Jul-15 10:25:21

Empress, that sounds rubbish! Thanks for sharing though - am now thinking that if we don't have anything in a few weeks then we should re-look at what agent we're using too!

Aeians2, fingers crossed ours goes like yours then, that sounds like the dream! smile

wowfudge Wed 22-Jul-15 10:31:15

EA took our buyer round when the photographer was there. Buyer made an offer that day. The next day the sale details went on the internet and we agreed the price with the buyer.

The house stayed on the market until the survey results were back although no viewings were conducted because the EA wanted to have a back up plan in case the sale fell through. She had a good relationship with the buyer so this wasn't an issue.

The sale was completed in a month. The house had been let to a tenant and we had just over two weeks' void period between the tenant moving out and the sale completing. I did a lot of cleaning in that time!

eaiand2 Wed 22-Jul-15 11:37:25

Although that bit was smooth and easy, it was then a nightmare getting all the checks done as our solicitors and theirs had a disagreement on the interpretation of certain items on the registry and it was like banging our heads against a brick wall to actually get them to sort it out, and in the end we got in contact with the vendor directly and then instructed our solicitors once we had worked out how to proceed. We didn't complete until end of February!

RaphaellaTheSpanishWaterDog Wed 22-Jul-15 12:33:46

Our last house went on the market September 1st 2014 and we had a call from our EA while we were in the car driving home from their office where we'd been finalising stuff (30 mins away) to say they had a viewing booked for the next day.

The house was in a relatively slow moving area of rural Wilts and neighbours had warned us we might be in for a wait of a year or so to sell, but the house was beautifully restored (imho, lol!) and although we only had around five/six viewings over a five week period, we accepted an asking price offer at the five week point we did have to drop the price a bit first though which was great as we had already found our onward purchase.

When we were selling my parents' house in 2012 (in a popular part of Hampshire) it went on the market at the end of July, there was no real interest till the end of the Summer hols and we accepted an offer first week in October.....

sweetheart Wed 22-Jul-15 12:52:53

We put our house on the market with an open day 2 weeks later and wouldn't accept viewings before the open day. This was partly because we needed some time to spruce the place up and partly because we knew there would be quite a bit of interest straight away so wanted to create a bit of competition among the buyers.

Alonglongway Wed 22-Jul-15 13:03:10

I'm just selling in London - details went out via the EAs database on Friday and then went live on Rightmove Sunday. Had 5 viewings and was offered asking price this morning. Faster than I had expected - only slightly panicking!

Frumpplump Wed 22-Jul-15 13:08:44

We had 4 viewing within 3 days and we accepted an offer after the house was on the market for 10 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now