Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen tile grout, can I protect somehow?

(3 Posts)
freshstart24 Mon 20-Jul-15 06:59:07

Have just moved house. The previous owners had very recently tiled the walls in the kitchen.

The tiles are behind the work surfaces, on window sills and behind the cooker. Tiles are cream, grout is white.

I am conscious that even if we are careful the tiles are going to get splashed whilst preparing and cooking food. Ideally we would replace tiles area behind cooker with stainless steel or glass but we have a long list of more urgent things to do and a limited budget.

I assume that if the grout gets dirty it will be very tricky to clean up? It feels chalky and absorbent. Is there anything I can use to protect it?

wowfudge Mon 20-Jul-15 09:06:07

It'll be fine - I use sugar soap to clean the kitchen as it cuts through grease. I use a toothbrush dipped in sugar soap solution for any particularly grubby grout lines behind the hob. Should you re-tile at some point it might be worth a different colour than white grout.

obsessedwithinteriors Mon 20-Jul-15 09:32:16

Yes, go to topps tiles or amazon and just buy a grout protector or spray. bit of a ball ache to do but it does provide some protection and will just act as a barrier if you splash dark sauces behind the cooker by accident.

www.toppstiles.co.uk/tprod131/fila-grout-protector-500ml.html

You can get sprays too, just search them on amazon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now