Talk

Advanced search

does ikea do good worktops? and sinks?

(8 Posts)
Belleview Sat 18-Jul-15 11:12:12

I have an ikea kitchen designer visiting soon and wondering how much from them i should be looking to buy, apart from the cabinets.

VeryPunny Sat 18-Jul-15 12:47:11

We have their quartz worktop, which we are very pleased with. We also have one of their sinks (BOHOLOMEN? Or some such) and although people don't rate their sinks, we are happy with it. It's a good size one and a half sink.

kua Sat 18-Jul-15 13:00:28

I ordered the units, gas hob and extractor from Ikea. The sink, worktop, stainless steel splashback and fitted double oven I sourced myself.

I liked their worktops but I needed 2 metre + which they did not supply.

SomedayIllFlyAway Sat 18-Jul-15 14:34:13

We have the Hallestad worktop from there with the white side up; its been in 6 months and so far I'm pleased with it. DH has left tea, coffee, tomato sauce, turmeric / curry sauce sitting on it for days at a time and it has all cleaned off. (I visit my parents mid week sometimes and DH made the mistake of not cleaning the kitchen before I got home once.)

I have a Franke 1.5 bowl sink as I didn't like how Ikea's 0.5 bowl was on the outside on the boholmen (or whatever its called!), I prefer it between the main bowl and the drainer.

We ended up with the Underverk extractor fan as I found it in bargain corner for £70 (should have been £350!), its a rebranded whirlpool and we have it ducted outside. I find it works very well.

We chose the Blankett handles for the base cabinet drawers and push openers for the drawers. Again, we are very happy with it all.

kua Sat 18-Jul-15 14:55:19

Someday I have that Franke bowl too for the exact same reasons.

poocatcherchampion Sat 18-Jul-15 14:57:55

We got worktops and the big butler sink there.

We have a bespoke size oak laminate (one run of which is more than 2m BTW)

Love them all

ChishandFips33 Sat 18-Jul-15 21:38:42

We have the units, the £400 extractor that can be ducted outside, dishwasher and double oven (as the appliances have 5yr guarantees) and Blankett handles.
We have the sink that has no drainer but a tap from elsewhere...
..and the wood effect laminate worktop in the utility room

Belleview Sun 19-Jul-15 09:27:53

Well this is very encouraging.thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now