Talk

Advanced search

Cork tile flooring

(8 Posts)
KanyesVest Fri 17-Jul-15 19:14:21

Just wondering if anyone has cork flooring? We're making plans to knock through a large kitchen /dining/living room and I'm leaning towards cork floors. DH isn't convinced. The only person I know in real life who has them is a single older lady, so hers haven't been preschool tested! I really don't want tiles and would prefer to avoid wood, but other suggestions welcome too. Thanks.

WhatWouldMaLarkinDo Fri 17-Jul-15 19:26:02

I have it in my bathroom and I love it. It's warm underfoot, easy to keep clean and looks lovely (IMO!). But I wouldn't have it in an area with a lot of traffic so I wouldn't recommend it for a kitchen/living room and especially not with a toddler around as it's not massively hard wearing and tends to 'dent' quite easily.

We've got tiles in the kitchen part of our kitchen/dining/living room and engineered wood in the rest of it and they both wear pretty well even with a toddler running riot!

wowfudge Fri 17-Jul-15 19:27:19

Have a look at luxury vinyl tiles such as Amtico, Polyflor, Karndean, Quickstep Livyn and there are lots of others. Feel warm to the touch, easy to keep clean, hard wearing and look good.

didireallysaythat Fri 17-Jul-15 20:22:19

We also have it in our bathroom and it's great. We've had it down a year and it hasn't marked at all but like most floors there are different grades and we chose a water OK hard one...

MrsPJones Fri 17-Jul-15 20:46:34

I have it in my bedroom where I am usually barefoot and I love it, but I agree I would not choose it for high traffic areas as it can get gauges in it. You could treat it as a short-medium term flooring and when the kids are bigger and crashing toys around so much put a different floor on top as it would make a great subfloor.

TheSortingCat Fri 17-Jul-15 20:50:33

A friend has it and has a very boisterous toddler and a dog. It seems to have worn ok so far, although there are a few marks on it. I love the way it feels underfoot and it looks nice too.

CityDweller Sat 18-Jul-15 14:19:03

We had it in our last place (not tiles though - it came in strips, like wood flooring). I thought it looked great. I was drawn to it because it has better sound insulation qualities than wood and is more environmentally friendly.

KanyesVest Sun 19-Jul-15 13:26:16

Thanks for the feedback, everyone, there were more replies than I expected! Dh is worried that it won't be hardwearing, but I love the feel and look of it. I think we might have to do more research.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now