Talk

Advanced search

Tepilo/Purple Bricks - views please!

(13 Posts)
AnonymousBird Fri 17-Jul-15 12:23:56

We are about to put our house on the market, it will sell quickly, demand in this area is crazy, so I balk at the money we would have to pay a standard estate agent to essentially make a few phone calls plus a couple of viewings. They probably won't have to even print brochures or advertise.

Has anyone used Tepilo or Purple Bricks? If so, I'd appreciate your thoughts on how this was for you as either a seller or a buyer and what pitfalls there might be in this DIY method.

Thanks.

Kissmetillitingle Fri 17-Jul-15 16:12:56

If your area is that hot I'd be tempted to print my own giant 'for sale' banner & literally tie it across the front of the house. Set up your own website of pics & if you're in the catchment of a hot local school advertise on their noticeboard & hand out flyers at the gate. Worked for my friend, saved a bundle.

Panicmode1 Fri 17-Jul-15 16:14:28

Friends used emoov which I think is the same - they sold within 2 days after 3 offers, went to sealed bids and sold for £70k over the asking (also in a hot cakes area!)....and raved about how easy the whole process was. Just make sure you have a good conveyancer....

honeyandfizz Sat 18-Jul-15 20:50:31

My brother sold and has just completed selling through Purple bricks - they sold within a week (it's not a massively popular area). He said it all went very smoothly. I'm gutted as we sold last year and paid 3K for estate agents, I did all the viewings anyway & wish we had of gone with an online agent.

victoria0603 Mon 20-Jul-15 18:10:45

I have just used Tepilo; I can understand that you may have reservations about using an online agent, I must admit I was a little worried at first, but I am so glad I did. Not only did I save a lot of money that would normally be paid to a high street estate agent, but I felt so much more in control, of the listing, viewings, offers etc. You can phone and speak to an agent or go on chat to speak if you have a problem and every agent I spoke to was helpful and were never pushy. I had viewings within a couple of hours of the property going live and accepted an offer within a week. Because documents etc are downloaded/uploaded things can move very quickly as you control this rather than someone else who can take their time. My sale was completed in less than 6 weeks.
I say use Tepilo! you wont be sorry.

soozm73 Mon 20-Jul-15 22:43:22

I used zoom995... Cost 500 quid, we had an offer in 2 weeks at the same price traditional agents had valued us at. They have been fantastic, great service, always easy to contact and they have done the same amount of chasing as a normal agent! The only differences I could see were that we did our own viewings and they don't have a shop front. Oh and it it saved us 10k.

PurplebricksHelp Wed 29-Jul-15 09:50:01

Hi AnonymousBird, if you have any questions you'd like to ask me about our service, I'd be more than happy to help.

If you'd be interested in reading any of our customer reviews you can do so on our Trustpilot page: uk.trustpilot.com/review/purplebricks.com

Hope that helps smile

SophiesDog Wed 29-Jul-15 10:04:38

No personal experience but there was a house for sale near here with Tepilo on the most awful, traffic laden, grimy street you could wish for and they had put it on for £395,000 which was quite ridiculous.

I think you need to make sure you use someone who will be aware of the locality and not try and sell it for some bizarre made up price based on the building alone, iyswim.

That would make me hesitate.

SophiesDog Wed 29-Jul-15 10:07:19

I should mention it eventually went for 285 quite a while later, with a local agent...

SophiesDog Wed 29-Jul-15 10:07:58

Whatever you do don't use Springbok. They are appalling.

LizandAdam Thu 09-Mar-17 08:58:56

Go with eMoov. They are the only agency that has consecutively good reviews all across all review sites. Even Purple Bricks it seems like they are slipping. Also price wise they are a decent option.

Alih10 Thu 09-Mar-17 14:04:04

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

JoJoSM2 Thu 09-Mar-17 14:10:36

We used Property Eagle a few times. Very professional and definitely recommended.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now