Wood pellet boiler - has anyone got one?!

(3 Posts)
Purplehonesty Tue 14-Jul-15 22:30:14

We had a visit from a rep from fusion energy today. They reckon they can install a wood pellet boiler instead of our oil boiler, free of charge through RHI.
Just wondering if anyone actually has a wood pellet boiler and how it works for them?
We have a big barn conversion so high ceilings and spend winter rather cold as we can't afford lots of oil!

But I don't want to end up shelling out lots of money if the wood pellet boiler is going to be unreliable and break down a lot.

Hoping someone here has one and can give me their experience!
Thanks

TheEmpressofBlandings Wed 15-Jul-15 07:22:01

We don't have one but I'd be interested in getting one for free! How come it is free of charge? I looked into it (our house has an oil boiler) and it was about £10k to have one installed although you received more than that back in grants over the next 7 years. As we are unlikely to be in the house that long we decided it wouldn't make sense to do it but if we don't have to pay upfront it's very tempting...

Northernlurker Wed 15-Jul-15 08:03:40

My sil has one. They seem happy with it. Haven't heard of it breaking down and it throws out plenty of heat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now