Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to knock down a side extension?

(3 Posts)
Babypythagorus Tue 14-Jul-15 17:00:08

I looked at a house today that I love, except for the dark, windowless kitchen, made so bythe little extension on the side of the house (put in so they could have a second bathroom, with the other weird consequence of having a door to this bathroom going straight off the lounge...)

Is it possible to knock down an extension? How hard/expensive is it? Do I need a builder, architect, or what?!

Thanks wise mums!!

lalalonglegs Tue 14-Jul-15 19:49:58

It sounds like it will probably be quite a simple extension built against the exterior side wall of the house and not interfering too much with the integrity of the rest of the building. You should get an engineer to look at it to make sure that it isn't going to affect the rest of the house and then get someone in to bulldoze it. I've knocked down quite a few walls in the past and it is hard work so, unless it's really gerry built, get a builder in to do it and then he can close off the old door through to it and make good any bits where it was attached to the house.

Babypythagorus Wed 15-Jul-15 07:09:11

Thanks. How much does wall knocking down cost?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now