Talk

Advanced search

Handleless kitchen - is it a bother to open dishwasher / pan drawers?

(3 Posts)
FantasticMrsFoxx Tue 14-Jul-15 10:12:10

We are currently choosing our new kitchen and are considering a handleless / j-pull handle design.
For those who already have one, can you share your feedback on the ease (or otherwise) of opening the integrated dishwasher and fully loaded 1000mm wide pan drawers?
I expect to catch my fingernails on the doors a few times but my concern is the dishwasher will need a real effort to open.
Our other option is really sleek minimalistic chrome d-shaped handles.

Gozogozo Tue 14-Jul-15 13:50:26

I have handeless drawers upto 1200mm. Soft close mechanism & glass edges on some to prevent plates sliding out, though no edge on the one under the sink.

Absolutely no problem with drawers.

I was very nervous and weighed a set of plates bowls etc & checked with the German manufacturer & the kitchen designer that it could cope with the load, and they can smile

Dishwasher & under hob drawers equally good.

The only problem that we encountered was trying to fit the water filter behind the drawers, which also had plumbing to dishwasher & water softener, plugs for plinth heater & D/W etc. Didn't pick up on need to have D/W plug accessible till too late.

Gozogozo Tue 14-Jul-15 13:53:01

PS no problems with nails though mine aren't very long.

Only problem is crumbs catching in the steel channel & if water spills, it is as likely to go inside as outside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now