Talk

Advanced search

offer to an 'under offer' house?

(9 Posts)
itdc Sun 12-Jul-15 21:04:50

3 weeks back we tried to make an offer to a lovely house but was not successful. We were told be the EA that the vendor chose a buyer with higher offer who needs to sell his flat (with the same EA) to be able the proceed. The vendor has given some 'grace period' for the buyer to do so and also marked her house 'under offer'.

We were probably the 2nd or 3rd highest bidder for the house. And we are in a strong position to proceed, now 3 weeks passed and we believe the buyer hasn't sold his flat yet. We think we can up our offer a bit but do you think it is a sensible time to ring the EA and offer to this house again?

THanks

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 12-Jul-15 21:10:25

Yes, definitely. Give them a ring and find out the situation, and tell them you are still very much interested in buying it.

ChishandFips33 Mon 13-Jul-15 07:29:13

No harm in trying smile
Lots to gain, nothing to lose

CantSleepWontSleep Mon 13-Jul-15 20:26:36

The EA is legally obliged to pass on any offer you make to the vendor, so it would certainly seem sensible to do so if you still want the house.

ChablisTyrant Tue 14-Jul-15 23:14:10

EAs are dodgy buggers in these situations where they have an interest in several places in a chain. Make an offer to the EA and follow up with a note through the door of house a day later.

TigerFeat Tue 14-Jul-15 23:17:32

Definitely contact the seller. EA may not pass your offer on.

GiddyOnZackHunt Tue 14-Jul-15 23:22:41

I was going to suggest what Chablis said. Don't put all your faith in the EA.

pinkje Tue 14-Jul-15 23:24:32

Have you sold your own property?

itdc Wed 15-Jul-15 18:36:18

Thank for the reply. I think it is a tricky situation when we first offered too.. We already have our house under offer so we can proceed now. We want to let seller know our position and offer of course but Issue is I don't know the sellers address as she didn't live in the house she is selling and anything has to go through the EA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now