Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on F&B paint colour scheme

(7 Posts)
cunningplan101 Sun 12-Jul-15 18:06:20

So this is what I'm thinking for Edwardian masionette:

Hallway - Manor House Grey with Hague Blue feature wall, staircase and woodwork in Wimborne White with a grey runner. Lots of natural light from sky lights. Dark wood floors.

North facing lounge - Stone Blue with Pointing on fireplace alcove bookshelves and Wimborne W above picture rail, on shutters and other woodwork. Have dark wood floors, a grey sofa and yellow arm chair.

North facing Study (that you see from hall through doorway in Hague Blue feature wall) - White Tie walls, WW woodwork and bookshelves

South facing second reception - Babouche yellow below picture rail, WW again above picture rail and on woodwork. Manor House Grey on solid shutters over sash window. Dark wood floors. White furniture. Fireplace hearth has reclaimed Spanish tiles in grey and red.

Upstairs landing: White washed floorboards, W white back wall between Manor House Grey side walls (continuing from downstairs)

Upstairs loft bedroom: White washed floorboards, white walls except back wall in Cornforth White

All radiators to be painted dark grey.

What do people think? Too much colour?

I know it's a bit heavy on the F&B and other paint brands are available, but there was too much choice with just the F&B colours as it is!

CamelHump Sun 12-Jul-15 18:08:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CamelHump Sun 12-Jul-15 18:10:05

cunningplan101 Sun 12-Jul-15 18:24:14

Thanks Camel. As we'll be painting over plaster, doing three coats of Dulux then two coats of FB. All woodwork will actually be Dulux colour-matched to FB white, as want oil based

For the blue - we bought living room furniture for our old flat with blue walls. So I'm going with the theory that instead of fighting the lack of light, I'll go for a dark-ish strong colour

For the yellow - we plan to use south facing room during day and north facing room in the evening, so wanted to make south facing one cheery in daylight. Also, I think Spanish tiles will go well with yellow walls

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 12-Jul-15 20:42:23

I have manor house grey in the lounge. It's lovely but I like dark colours.

I undercoat with leyland white emulsion, 2 coats then 2 of f&B. It was £20 in screwfix.

I add floetrol paint conditioner to the f&b to stop it drying too quickly. The paint has time to settle on the surface then.

Millymollymama Mon 13-Jul-15 00:21:55

I have used Pointing throughout the downstairs and because we are mostly open plan. Upstairs the bedrooms, leading from the Pointing landing, are all different - Elephants Breath, Cornforth White (twice), Mizzle, Dimity and a very pale blue (I forget the name). They are restful colours and I use accents of colour such as cushions and lamps to provide contrast. All the woodwork is Wimborne White - everywhere.

CamelHump Mon 13-Jul-15 00:25:19

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now