We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Offer now or wait?

(4 Posts)
LikeASoulWithoutAMind Wed 08-Jul-15 17:43:40

There's a house we are considering making an offer on. But it needs a lot of work and we feel the asking price is a bit ambitious.

There are apparently other viewings taking place, with a second viewing being arranged for Friday. And one other party (who haven't sold) allegedly talking to an IFA about buying without selling first.

We want to make a low offer. We're in a very strong position, as our sale has completed and we have money in the bank (no mortgage required) We're renting with one month's notice. So we are a safe bet and super flexible.

Not sure whether to offer now or wait and see how things pan out with the other viewings? If someone else offers close to asking then that's game over for us - at that price, it doesn't stack up financially as far as we're concerned.

shushpenfold Wed 08-Jul-15 17:47:29

I'd offer now although I would find out whether the second viewers are in a strong position or not first. What position are the vendors in? Are they desperate to move, (want to be in somewhere else before school starts in Sept?) as if they are, your lack of mortgage will speed things up very considerably as they can get on and rent instead at least.

CityDweller Wed 08-Jul-15 17:53:25

I'd offer now. If you can only go so high, you can only go so high. Waiting won't change that and at least you'll get an idea of whether vendors are willing to consider offers.

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Wed 08-Jul-15 17:57:44

Vendors are an elderly couple who are downsizing. I don't think their purchase is dependent on this sale.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now