Talk

Advanced search

Over bath shower screen which slides right to other side of bath when not in use

(13 Posts)
HayFeverSucks Wed 08-Jul-15 08:24:57

Tiny bathroom here. Looking for something which may not exist. Our bath runs the length of bathroom. Taps are window end and electric shower other end (let's call it door end). I need a shower screen which is at 'door end' by the electric shower but as the door is also there I need some kind of sliding folding option so it's not in the way when I'm bathing the children. I can't be window end to bath them as the toilet is there, right next to the bath. I'm either after a shower screen which folds back neatly into the bath to keep out of the way (will this bash into the shower and break?) or a sliding mechanism so the entire screen slides over to the toil end and out of the way. I can't open it out into the room when I'm bathing a child as the see through screen will be blocking the open bathroom door where other small people will be and I might need to get to them/them to me.

Or alternatively I go for a curtain which I prefer but plumber, OH and everyone else mocks me for.

HELP!!!

Furball Wed 08-Jul-15 08:32:51

something like this?

Furball Wed 08-Jul-15 08:33:20

scroll down to see the full thing smile

badRoly Wed 08-Jul-15 08:35:17

Oh Furball, I like that! We've been looking for something similar too! smile

JinglyJanglyJungleBigGameTours Wed 08-Jul-15 12:22:35

I like the look of that but I wonder how it would stand up to damp and mildew? It would have to be totally dry when it's put away or it could be a nightmare.

We have a similar bathroom but the shower and taps are at the door end and the sink is at the window end. We have a shower screen and we just keep the door open and duck underneath it when we need to get to each other. It's not idea and I'm frequently wishing we'd just put a shower curtain in.

Umbrelladilemma Wed 08-Jul-15 12:24:43

How about a concertina-type screen?

redstrawberrypie Wed 08-Jul-15 12:29:42

http://www.qssupplies.co.uk/bathroom-furniture-shower-taps/3645.htm

Not sure this would work in your bathroom but I've recently had one fitted and it's perfect for my needs.

VermicularCanister Wed 08-Jul-15 15:34:15

OP, if you would prefer a curtain and it would solve your shower screen problem then why not have a curtain? We had similar issues and that's what we did!

We also have a small fixed glass screen something like 20cm wide at the tap end of the bath, which stops any water getting through the gap at the end of the shower curtain. I'm not sure I'm explaining this very well, but am on my phone so can't easily link to it. It was from John Lewis and called something like a shower curtain screen, and it works very well.

I sympathise with your fears of mockery descending on you! But honestly, since having ours put in I haven't given it any thought, except to feel happy when it's kids bath time and I can just loop the curtain over the rail and out of the way.

snowaccidentprone Wed 08-Jul-15 15:38:59

Maybe instead of a shower curtain, a waterproof roller blind on the ceiling, which you pull down inside the bath to act as a screen?

MegMogandOwlToo Wed 08-Jul-15 21:52:54

We have a folding shower screen like this:

www.bellabathrooms.co.uk/april-identiti2-folding-bath-screen.html

Would it work for you?

BumWad Thu 09-Jul-15 12:41:20

We have a concertina type thing bought from an independent bathroom shop, it's amazing and folds right back so that it is only about an inch thick. There are loads available if you have a good look. Don't get a shower curtain they look shit and are minging.

BumWad Thu 09-Jul-15 12:41:47

Yes what Meg posted!!

bilbodog Thu 09-Jul-15 15:38:13

when I was in New York 30 years ago we had a bath like that and had sliding screen doors which were perfect. unfortunately I have not seen any like this in the UK. I have just googled sliding doors over bath and clicked images and there are some out there but they might all be american. perhaps you could get a window company to make some to size to fit over the bath rather than go in a sitting room?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now