Talk

Advanced search

Karndean. Need advice before tomorrow!!!!

(4 Posts)
LJH79 Tue 07-Jul-15 09:28:30

We are having karndean aukland oak laid tomorrow. Well prep work being done today. We are having it in lounge diner which is quite a big areas and then also hallway and kitchen and cloakroom. We have paid for and were planning to have border in lounge diner and have planks laid diagonally and then no border elsewhere but planks laid the same on a diagonal. Now I am not sure if this will look silly having a border in one room and not others. I just don't think hallway and cloakroom big enough and the kicthen we have appliances jutting out so think will look silly in there also. Not sure whether it's a safer bet to scrap the border and have planks all laid straight. 36 wks pregnant and totally incapable of making a decision. Any advice would be much appreciated. Just worried I won't like it and costing a bomb. Would the diagonal laid tiles look dated in years to come? Just not sure what to do. Help!!

spicelette1 Tue 07-Jul-15 09:31:48

I have a lot of Karndean and personally I prefer the simple more natural look of the planks laid straight with no border. I think the diagonal with a border look is a bit old fashioned. I have Aukland Oak in my bedroom by the way, it's lovely.

CMOTDibbler Tue 07-Jul-15 09:36:08

I'd go for laid straight too - the border does look dated imo.

I have Karndean throughout downstairs, and it has been brilliant

LJH79 Tue 07-Jul-15 09:41:33

Thanks for quick reply. My friend does have it in her hallway with border and do like it but now having second thoughts and may just end u looking like a hash of different things in different rooms. Thinking maybe playing it safe is best option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now