Talk

Advanced search

What colour floor with these bathroom tiles?

(14 Posts)
Derbyshirelady Tue 07-Jul-15 09:15:52

www.wallsandfloors.co.uk/catrangetiles/wall-tiles/rhian-30x10/verde-brillo-8376/13388/

Planning white walls with these tiles. Would appreciate advice re floor colour. Likely to be vinyl. I am thinking either dark grey, or dark brown wood effect?
Thank you!

Belleview Tue 07-Jul-15 10:54:41

Are you committed to that colour tiling?

deckthehallswithdesperation Tue 07-Jul-15 10:56:01

Definitely wood effect - it'll look lovely!

Derbyshirelady Tue 07-Jul-15 11:03:09

Yes it's either those tiles or these:

www.toppstiles.co.uk/tprod42395/section-1/Diamante-Teal.html

Thanks decks - think I'm with you on the dark wood.

deckthehallswithdesperation Tue 07-Jul-15 17:24:31

How about these? Ceramic wood effect, very good quality, not expensive, from T&C tiles. Just put them in my bathroom. Btw, I like the bright lime green tiles best.

Derbyshirelady Tue 07-Jul-15 19:14:38

Oooo nice. Our builder advised against ceramic in bathroom though as he said it's difficult to get them to seal/be waterproof. Which worries me - more about him than the tiles!

Derbyshirelady Tue 07-Jul-15 19:15:11

Loving the parquet effect!

deckthehallswithdesperation Wed 08-Jul-15 08:08:30

I am a little worried your builder said they're 'difficult to get a seal on'. Does he actually know what he's doing? We've had a ceramic tiled bathroom floor for 20years without a blip & this new one has just gone down & is fine. It's only a question of laying it correctly. That sounds so strange to me. Half the country has a tiled bathroom floor. I think you're more likely to have a leaky pipe underneath from where a bath/sink has been badly connected than a floor that leaks.

Agrestic Wed 08-Jul-15 10:27:33

I'd go for dark wood smile

Lambzig Wed 08-Jul-15 12:47:07

Its so tricky with green isn't it? I just got these lovely tiles for the downstairs cloakroom we are building. I will have white walls and sanitaryware, but am struggling with the colour floor unless we get wood.

Derbyshirelady Wed 08-Jul-15 21:12:01

Lamb I think wood would look great with those tiles. They are stunning! Off to do more tile research now.

Deck agreed re concerns about leaking ceramic tiles.

MyHumbleHome Thu 09-Jul-15 20:25:08

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Millymollymama Thu 09-Jul-15 23:53:07

I would go very pale wood. A white-washed look. That would look fresh. I don't agree with a dark wood. Or a white large format tile that is matt and non slip.

Belleview Fri 10-Jul-15 10:04:20

I could only think of a white floor going with the green. And I hesitate to recommend a white floor cos it needs such regular wiping! But I think white washed wood or white tile us the best thing, OP.

I don't agree with dark wood either, the picture starts to look oppressive, and I think a bathroom should feel upbeat and light.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now