Property search website advice needed if you would be so kind?

(6 Posts)
Mintyy Mon 06-Jul-15 20:15:35

Are there any websites which list all properties for sale on a particular road or couple of roads?

I am trying to find a house for sale by address, not by price range or number of bedrooms or anything like that.

I've looked at Zoopla and it seems to work like other property search sites where you put in a postcode and price range, but I'm trying to do a more specific search.

All and any advice welcome.

Tia.

CityDweller Mon 06-Jul-15 21:51:32

On most of them you can 'draw your own map' for the search area. You could do that and narrow it down to the road or two you're looking at. You can definitely do it on Zoopla and Rightmove

cunningplan101 Mon 06-Jul-15 22:21:50

Zoopla will let you search by street (e.g. London street picked at random). You can search by typing the street name, city and postcode into Zoopla (e.g. 'Southwood Lane, London N6'). Make sure your radius is set to 'This area only'. Alternatively, you can get the same thing just by googling 'for sale [Street name] [Postcode]' - it'll be listed in the google search results under 'Look at [Street name]...'

If there's nothing for sale on the street, it should say 'Sorry, we were unable to locate any results matching your search criteria. Please amend your search options or try searching again.' If you go via Google, it may automatically expand the search area, so check the radius.

However, Zoopla doesn't list all properties, as people who go with On The Market are more likely to choose Rightmove as their second option. And Rightmove doesn't search by street.

If you want both, CityDweller's suggestion is probably your best bet, using Rightmove.

ILikeToClean Tue 07-Jul-15 08:44:38

On Rightmove you can choose "map view" after putting in your search criteria which then puts little house tags in each street, you could then zoom in to the streets you wanted.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Tue 07-Jul-15 08:47:47

I use draw a search on rightmove and like it.

bilbodog Tue 07-Jul-15 17:50:43

I would search on Rightmove as this is the sight all estate agents use and as someone said above not everything reaches 'on the market' or zoopla/prime location (which are the same). If you are really searching such a small area I would recommend putting letters through doors to say you specifically want a house in this area and leave your contact details - you've nothing to lose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now