Talk

Advanced search

How to thank the builders

(9 Posts)
zoemaguire Sat 04-Jul-15 11:50:11

We are coming to the end of a fairly big set of works on our house and the builders have been fantastic from start to finish. Considerate, hard-working, communicative and with amazing attention to detail - and our cheapest quote, too! Apart from recommending them far and wide (they are likely to get at least two more big builds through us), what would be a good way of saying thank you? If you (or your DH) is a builder, what would you appreciate? Or if you have had works done and your builder seemed pleased with your token of appreciation, what was it?smile I was wondering about 100 quid or so in cash for them to go to the pub with? (there are three of them) Don't want to be inadvertently crass/insulting though.

PuppyMonkey Sat 04-Jul-15 11:55:40

Pay on time and in full grin

Theselittlelightsaremine Sat 04-Jul-15 12:00:27

I Agree with puppy but I'm sure they would not turn down an extra £100 smile

zoemaguire Sat 04-Jul-15 12:05:54

Puppy, er that goes without saying! I was thinking of an extra token of appreciation. Should I not bother? Is it not usual?

HoggleHoggle Sat 04-Jul-15 12:18:59

We've just had a kitchen fitted and the fitter was amazing and just so careful with everything. I just got him a token box of chocolates as a small thank you...I joked it was probably more for his son than him, but sometimes I think it's just nice to show appreciation (and we want him to come back ASAP for our bathrooms!)

If you think they drink could you get a bottle of wine each? I'd probably do that rather than pub money.

Marmitelover55 Sat 04-Jul-15 12:26:07

We bought each of our 3 builders a little present, gave them each a cask of beer and had a party for them! Think they were happy with all of that smile They have also got more work from our friends.

BitOfFun Sat 04-Jul-15 12:27:18

Prompt payment, a sincere thank you, and offer a testimonial.

Excitedforxmas Sat 04-Jul-15 12:28:39

We bought ours a crate of beer

zoemaguire Sat 04-Jul-15 12:33:33

A crate of beer or bottles of wine is a great idea! Pub money didn't quite sit right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now