Talk

Advanced search

Spiders housies

(5 Posts)
EvaBee Thu 02-Jul-15 23:27:51

We have fitted kitchen cabinets but the plinth at the bottom is a bit wobbily and stuff gets in there.

Do you leave spaces like that alone or fill them up?

I keep imagining spider kingdom behind the kitchen units.

PigletJohn Fri 03-Jul-15 01:26:32

is it too late to wind down the adjustable legs a bit?

the plinth is usually clipped to the legs and can be removed for cleaning or putting mouse bait underneath.

EvaBee Fri 03-Jul-15 18:09:22

Thanks for the suggestion PigletJohn. I'll ask DH to check that and see if it's possible.

PigletJohn Fri 03-Jul-15 23:39:55

this plinth sealing strip pushes onto the plinth board and takes up a little space. It also has the useful effect of preventing the plinth (which is just coated chipboard) touching the floor which may be damp or even wet. If it is a reasonably close fit it will block draughts.

You can (should be able to) pull the plinth out, or push it sideways to release it from the clips on the legs. Legs commonly look like this, they screw up and down to adjust height and the rectangular part is screwed to the plinth and clips onto the legs. As you see, they are very cheap if you avoid kitchen showrooms.

If you want to, you can buy lengths of new plinth in dozens of colours. Egger is a leading brand, I expect there are cheaper ones.

EvaBee Sun 05-Jul-15 18:50:12

Thanks so much PigletJohn - as always a mine of useful information. Cheers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now