Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen designer / supplier North Yorkshire

(8 Posts)
georgebaileyfan Wed 01-Jul-15 16:14:58

Does anyone know of any good kitchen designer / supplier in the North Yorks area? Looking for (probably) a German mid range kitchen but as there are also structural changes and plumbing and electrics to be moved someone who can design with this in mind would be ideal. Even better, would be someone who also can (help) co-ordinate the complete works.

katb1973 Wed 01-Jul-15 20:13:37

I can highly recommend Paul from Evo kitchens (check out his feedback on other similar threads). I was looking for a similar type of kitchen as you and he designed a kitchen that far surpassed anything I had dreamed of owning. He has also helped organise the fitting eventhough I live in the South and nothing is too much trouble. Seriously, get in touch with him and you won't regret it. m.facebook.com/evokitchens

georgebaileyfan Thu 02-Jul-15 06:53:32

Thanks Katb - He does seem to have great reviews but I did rather have my heart set on some German engineering (the only appliances in our house that never seem to let us down are Miele which may have skewed my views somewhat...). Hmm, maybe I need to be more open-minded ...

olafolaf Thu 02-Jul-15 07:05:18

Our building work and kitchen installation starts on Monday in N Yorks. Includes knocking down walls, some obscure appliances, new floor, moving electrics and plumbing. The whole thibg being supplied and project managed by Statement Kitchens in Pontefract - clearly I can't comment on quality as it isn't in yet but the service so far has been very good and well thought out. Mention the lady with the slate worktop if you speak to James!

georgebaileyfan Thu 02-Jul-15 07:35:59

That is indeed the sort of service we are looking for. Is it their own kitchens they supply or do they offer branded kitchens and, if so, what brands? I could easily make this out from their website and it is a bit too early to call...

olafolaf Thu 02-Jul-15 07:44:37

They supply their own kitchens but have a large range and have been fine with customising bits and bobs for us. Family owned business. The important thing for us was the end to end service and I have been very impressed with it - they have builders, plumbers, surveyors, flooring people etc on their books - every which one of them has turned up when they said they would (contrast with the ones we invited ourselves). We are using our own design (via OnePlan who posts here - well worth the money) and getting the worktop from a slate company. James is also very good at contacting third party suppliers on our behalf and negotiating a trade discount (or at least trying). We have asked for some adaptations to the kitchens units which have been no problem either. Ask me again in ten days time by which time it should be in.......

katb1973 Thu 02-Jul-15 13:48:22

Georgebaileyfan, I can honestly say that the kitchen Paul designed and supplied was better than the German kitchens I'd seen. Superior carcass, more colour choice and I went with handleless and I could choose whatever colour handrail I wanted. Really just contact him, you'll save yourself a lot of grief and no.....we have no personal connection, he's just a super guy who provided me with my dream kitchen.

OnePlanOnHouzz Mon 06-Jul-15 13:54:27

thanksThanks for the mention Olafolaf. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now