Talk

Advanced search

Painting wooden threshold of front door - what type of paint do I need?

(7 Posts)
JessicaRebeccaRabbit Wed 01-Jul-15 13:31:37

Hi there,

I need to paint the wooden threshold of my front door, which is very worn and sad looking. What type of paint do I need for this please? I don't want to do the rest of the door just now, as it looks ok (obviously I will probably need to do it when the threshold looks great though!). Oh and it needs to be white.
Thanks

mamababa Wed 01-Jul-15 13:34:11

Some sort of outdoor gloss paint - dulux weathershield or similar. You'll probably need undercoat too, but normal undercoat should be fine.

JessicaRebeccaRabbit Wed 01-Jul-15 13:37:33

Thanks Mamababa, will get those

PigletJohn Wed 01-Jul-15 14:47:09

You will be disappointed with white, because it will constantly get dirty, scuffed and chipped.

A dark brown or black will do. However many front door frames have a hardwood sill that can be sanded and stained and can look very good.

You might also consider a brass, copper or stainless threshold. Look for one the shape of your sill.

PigletJohn Wed 01-Jul-15 14:54:49

here we are

It cropped up once [[http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/2303462-Tell-me-about-your-front-doorstep-please ]]before

PigletJohn Wed 01-Jul-15 14:55:25

before

JessicaRebeccaRabbit Wed 01-Jul-15 17:52:54

Many thanks, will look into those options

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now