Talk

Advanced search

Painting outside the heat?

(8 Posts)
Deckthehallswithdesperation Tue 30-Jun-15 21:37:49

I am gagging to get going top-coating my front door in eggshell, also my metal railings. Is tomorrow completely out for me? Would it be ok if I avoided the main heat & start later?

specialsubject Tue 30-Jun-15 22:34:47

look on the tin - there's certainly a minimum temperature. Is there a maximum?Trouble with hot weather is it can dry too quickly to get a smooth finish.

also quite a high likelihood of thunderstorms tomorrow!

Deckthehallswithdesperation Tue 30-Jun-15 22:41:16

Thought the thunder was Thursday? Guess I'm just gonna have to be patient. Trouble is, if I don't finish a job within 3 weeks I get bored & move on to the next thing... & I'm already in week 2!

echt Tue 30-Jun-15 23:06:19

There will be a top temperature for painting, and it will say so on the can. The trick is not to paint in the sun.

JustBeingJuliet Wed 01-Jul-15 08:14:45

I had the bright idea of painting my garden furniture yesterday but gave up after putting one coat on the table top as it was drying before I'd finished the brush stroke! I think I'll wait for a cooler day!

PigletJohn Wed 01-Jul-15 08:30:42

The sun will move around your house. You should "follow the sun" and paint the parts after the sun has moved off them.

You can do your cleaning, sanding and vacuuming before or during the sun.

OnePlanOnHouzz Wed 01-Jul-15 08:42:42

Or you could just enjoy the 'summer' and do nothing - if only for one day ! Spoil yourself ! Painting can wait !!! Enjoy the sunny day !!!

Deckthehallswithdesperation Wed 01-Jul-15 10:33:16

For me, painting IS the fun! I don't enjoy the sun much. Yes I know I'm a weirdo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now