Talk

Advanced search

Help - what type of paint/colour for all my internal doors?

(4 Posts)
itsnothingoriginal Mon 29-Jun-15 12:07:56

I think I want a satin finish from the research I've done - tried eggshell and is lovely but a bit too matt as I need to reflect lots of light into my house. I don't like gloss though. Am I better sticking with just plain white rather than an off white if I'm painting all the doors in the house the same colour?

I have 15 doors to paint and can't face doing them all twice!! Please help me get it right grin

itsnothingoriginal Mon 29-Jun-15 12:09:36

Oh and can anyone recommend a good satin paint? They've all got poor reviews from what I've seen including Crown and Dulux shock

PigletJohn Mon 29-Jun-15 15:25:12

A satin paint will be reasonably easy to clean if you don't want gloss.

(unlike Eggshell which IME holds handprints and fingermarks and is hard to clean).

You can use a water-based paint indoors if you like. White oil paints are harder-wearing, but white oil paint tends to yellow indoors if it can't see sunlight (formulae have been improving over the last ten years or so).

Opinions differ about brands of paint. You can search for the Which reviews. I know someone who raves about Sikkens. A paint shop rather than a DIY shed will sell you trade paints. DIY paints tend to be thickened for inexperienced users. You can get your practice doing the undercoats.

itsnothingoriginal Mon 29-Jun-15 16:14:52

Really helpful - thanks PigletJohn smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now