Talk

Advanced search

Matching floor tiles for kitchen AND patio

(10 Posts)
AesopsMables Sat 27-Jun-15 14:16:24

Has anyone done this? I have seen a house recently with large limestone tiles inside and out (with Bi-Fold opening) and it looks lovely.

Just wondering if there are any pros/cons?

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 28-Jun-15 15:54:34

As long as you use inside grade inside and outside grade outside you should be fine (outside is thicker usually to cope better with frost etc ) only downside with some finishes are that they get slippery when wet !

Seen it done with Portland stone - looked brilliant !

AesopsMables Mon 29-Jun-15 07:07:59

Thank you for the response! Will bear thickness in mind

LovelyFriend Mon 29-Jun-15 07:29:04

My friend did this when they put bi folding doors in.

Grey smooth large tiles inside and the same tiles with a rougher surface outside. Looks fab.

Not sure what stone it was though.

etoiledemer Mon 29-Jun-15 11:54:40

This sounds lovely and I'm marking my place for future reference!

Sunnyshores Wed 01-Jul-15 19:27:03

Ive seen it done in a pale limestone (may not have been real)- tiles looked exactly the same and it looked amazing.

pootlebug Thu 02-Jul-15 13:50:23

We have these ceramic tiles inside and out with sliding doors. They work really well. You have to be a bit careful if the outside ones get very wet but not a problem the vast majority of the time. They've been there nearly 3 years and look as good as when they were laid. We just scrub the outside ones a couple of times a year with some washing powder and a stiff brush.

dulwichquine Thu 02-Jul-15 15:14:05

Pootlebug, I am looking at these tiles for my kitchen extension. Where did you buy them from if you don't mind me asking? And what colour of kitchen cabinets do you have?! Many thanks!

pootlebug Thu 02-Jul-15 22:00:59

Dulwichquine - I got them from Rovic Tiles in Beckenham. Our kitchen cabinets are matt white corian (doors as well as worktops) and we have the tiles in cement-grey colour.

dulwichquine Fri 03-Jul-15 09:42:28

Thanks, Pootlebug. I am not far from there so will check them out. They sound just the job!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now