Talk

Advanced search

Laminate floor concerns

(6 Posts)
Tipsytrinket Sat 27-Jun-15 08:12:16

Just had laminate floor fitted in the nursery and bedrooms. I'm now worried as someone told me its really dangerous for newborns and pregnant women. I am 32 weeks. Any advice I love the floor but don't want to be at risk. confused

wowfudge Sat 27-Jun-15 09:20:15

Dangerous how? Because it might be slippery? In which case just make sure you always have something with decent grip on your feet, so not flip flops or socks.

Tipsytrinket Sat 27-Jun-15 09:29:39

Apparently it gives off VOCs for years and contains formaldehyde ? Don't know how true this is.

Daffolil Sat 27-Jun-15 09:34:31

They're probably talking about chemicals used in it's manufacture being released after it's been fitted. In my wholly (sp?) unqualified opinion it's not likely to cause harm, especially as it's the summer and you're more likely to have the windows open. I fitted laminate in our bedrooms and it's easy to keep clean and we've never slipped on it. Hope that helps?

Tipsytrinket Sat 27-Jun-15 12:40:08

Thanks hope so smile

cestlavielife Sat 27-Jun-15 20:52:49

Unless u bought some v cheap laminate from some dodgy bloke down the market it will probably be fine. Call the manufacturers. And ask them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now