Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about Kent...

(9 Posts)
lels99 Fri 26-Jun-15 21:00:35

We're currently considering to move to Kent from Sussex as house prices seem to be so much cheaper. We need to be able to commute in under 50 minutes to London Victoria. Budget is up to £800 k for the perfect property. We'd ideally like a 4 bed house in a semi rural location with a bit of land (thinking 1-3 acres). Is this a big ask?

So far the areas that stand out (from a bit of googling) are the villages around Sole Street and Ashford International.

Are there any other areas we should be considering?

Thanks

goldenlilliesdaffodillies Sat 27-Jun-15 20:26:17

It depends which bit of Kent as some it is quite different to other bits. Ashford seems to be continually growing and spreading out to villages with farm land built upon so search carefully. I went to school there and it has changed so much. What was once rolling fields is now full of new build houses. I don't think a 4 bed house for £800 K is unrealistic but you might not be able to get as much land as that.

Kent/East Sussex border is nice and you can get to London in an hour.

PettsWoodParadise Sat 27-Jun-15 20:36:53

I have friends who wanted to do the horsey thing and they moved out to Westerham and were very happy with the location e.g www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51417863.html#_full-description it isn't close to a station but my fitness in the area drive to Chelsfield a few miles away and get a good selection of trains from there.

PettsWoodParadise Sat 27-Jun-15 20:37:29

'friends' not 'fitness'!

nulgirl Sat 27-Jun-15 20:38:23

I grew up in Sole Street and it was a lovely place to live. We had an idyllic childhood and if I was ever to move back to the South East, I would love to move back. I suppose the only problem was that the local primary school wasn't exactly within walking distance (except across the fields). We used to live in the kind of house you are looking for (we had 3 acres of land) but tbh I don't think you would get everything on your wish list for £800k unless it was very rundown. Have you looked at the properties currently on Rightmove? Most of the properties with land seem to be going for £900k +

BertrandRussell Sat 27-Jun-15 20:39:58

Two words. Eleven Plus.

Artandco Sat 27-Jun-15 20:43:03

Look in Rochester

nulgirl Sat 27-Jun-15 20:44:07

This property for example is in the £900k bracket and is half a mile from the station.

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33316518.html

lels99 Mon 29-Jun-15 09:35:01

Thanks for your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now