Talk

Advanced search

Piglet John, may I trouble you please?

(10 Posts)
Celeriacacaca Thu 25-Jun-15 19:02:08

I have a 800mm quadrant shower enclosure which needs replacing. The wheels which enable it slide open/shut have been replaced several times over the 12 years we've had it and can no longer be replaced as the manufacturer went out of business a couple of years ago, I've just discovered, so I need to replace the enclosure. It's a one-door screen which slides from left to right and is quite a solid/heavy structure.

Which make of enclosure would you recommend please as some I've seen are very flimsy and don't look as if they'll stand the rigours of family use? And what sort of budget am I looking at realistically for a quality structure? Thank you for your advice!

PigletJohn Thu 25-Jun-15 19:19:03

sorry, don't know

Gozogozo Thu 25-Jun-15 20:15:37

Try Simpsons, British firm with very long warranty. They always have a substantial sale in early September though there may be a sale on now.
Not cheap though.

BrianButterfield Thu 25-Jun-15 20:30:10

We've just bought one from MKM (builder's merchant, but no problem selling to the public). It was very reasonably priced and the quality far superior to an equivalent priced one from B&Q. We got a stone resin tray, enclosure and shower for about £1000.

Waltons Thu 25-Jun-15 20:49:15

We have a shower enclosure made by Kudos, also a British company, and one operating out of the Lake District and providing much-needed jobs in the area: www.kudosshowers.co.uk/ I think we were told at the time we bought it that they were a new company, and they are thriving more than a decade later.

No idea if they have something that would suit the dimensions you quote, but we've really liked the enclosure we bought. Their customer service is absolutely faultless - nothing is too much trouble.

You might want to think about a pivot door instead of a slider if you have space? Less vulnerable to issues with runners.

diydolly Thu 25-Jun-15 22:09:51

I've just put in a 'Merlin', well under a grand & good quality.

wowfudge Thu 25-Jun-15 23:29:55

Our bathroom guy says that if you have the space hinged shower doors are less problematic than sliding ones on rollers.

Celeriacacaca Fri 26-Jun-15 08:22:58

Thanks all - that's really useful. Will look at pivot doors to eliminate runner problems.

EvaBee Fri 26-Jun-15 08:35:30

I think these are all pretty reputable makes and this would be the typical price for a good quality one.

www.bathdisc.co.uk/shower-enclosures/quadrant-enclosures#category_id=357&page=2&path=346_357&sort=p.price&order=ASC&limit=50&min_price=68&max_price=1269

EvaBee Fri 26-Jun-15 08:37:24

PS Our runners are great - we put in a Merlyn offset quadrant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now