Talk

Advanced search

Kensal Rise?

(4 Posts)
MoonlightS0nata Thu 25-Jun-15 13:21:58

I would be grateful for any views about this area please, as we are thinking it would be a good place to move for our jobs and family. We are looking for a family home but we are not worried about schools. Our budget is £1,000,000.

BadHenry Thu 25-Jun-15 15:38:03

The bits close to queens park are nice, the bits close to Harlesden are not. I used to rent a flat on keslake road which is lovely but I doubt you could buy a family home there for 1m. The area around chamberlayne road is fine but I wouldn't go any further west than all souls avenue as it gets pretty rough.

Personally i think there are other areas of London which are nicer and much better value for money than kensal rise. If the central line works for you then I would highly recommend Leytonstone. Both Bushwood and upper Leytonstone are lovely, leafy areas with access to a good high Street, and you could get a fantastic home for your money.

MoonlightS0nata Thu 25-Jun-15 20:26:41

Thanks Henry, that's great advice!

SchnitzelVonKrumm Tue 30-Jun-15 23:00:30

We lived in Queens Park, which is lovely, but Kensal Rise was grim - went back not long ago, trendy shops and restaurants but there was still dog shit and broken glass everywhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now