Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

White gloss floor tiles

(15 Posts)
Lambzig Wed 24-Jun-15 19:56:47

I would really like white gloss floor tiles in my downstairs cloakroom. DH thinks they will need cleaning twice a day, but I think with a steam mop they will be fine.

Does anyone have them?

paxtecum Wed 24-Jun-15 19:58:18

Are you mad?
Why would you want to keep getting the mop out?

Monica101 Wed 24-Jun-15 20:04:31

I have white tiles in my bathroom. I'd never ever have white again. They show every bit of dust and hair.

They need cleaning every day to look good so in short no don't do it!

What about a light grey?

Lambzig Wed 24-Jun-15 20:34:44

Oh no, that wasn't what I wanted to hear! (I should add that I have a 2 and 5 year old).

I am having metallic reflective tiles above the sink and on the toilet wall. Other walls white, no windows. Any ideas?

Lambzig Wed 24-Jun-15 20:35:23

Sorry silvery metallic tiles.

wowfudge Wed 24-Jun-15 21:00:15

Light coloured wood effect ceramic?

Monica101 Thu 25-Jun-15 08:16:16

Good call with the wood effect ceramic, it is lovely.

It will definitely be the floor in my new kitchen.

SaBearOz Thu 25-Jun-15 09:50:17

Have white gloss large tiles in my whole house apart from bedrooms and it's a nightmare- we have a 3 year old and 18 month old with a newborn due any day plus a dog and it needs vacuuming everyday and steam mopping daily and even then it looks awful as soon as anyone sets foot from outside. It's a rented property but I joke with my DH that if we but a house like this the first thing to go would be the tiles even though they are likely to be new

mandy214 Thu 25-Jun-15 10:27:59

Can only add that we had cream tiles in a kitchen (which to be fair obviously gets more traffic) but I hated them with an absolute passion. So much so that I will never have tiles of any description in my house again (slight over-reaction I admit but such was the level of my hatred angry!). I can only imagine white will be even worse, and then add gloss into the mix so the light will show every single smear or speck of dirt - NO! You will regret it!!

Lambzig Thu 25-Jun-15 20:03:32

Oh dear, I feared it might be bad. Tiles seemed so much more hygienic than wood in a cloakroom, but I don't know what colour to go for. I have a bit of a phobia of faux anything, so not sure I would get on with the wood effect ceramic. Does anyone have a link?

diydolly Thu 25-Jun-15 22:18:09

I've just put wood effect ceramic down in my bathroom & I LOVE it. It's personal taste but there are some VERY good tiles out there now that you can't tell apart from the real thing. I've just torn white gloss up, showed every bloody mark. White always sounds fab, looks fab...until someone walks on it.

diydolly Thu 25-Jun-15 22:23:13

here. Had them laid 'herringbone style' & love it.

diydolly Thu 25-Jun-15 22:24:26

from n & c tiles

Lambzig Fri 26-Jun-15 17:42:18

Oh that does look nice

Dansak Fri 26-Jun-15 17:48:37

I have white floor tiles in my bathroom, I have hated them every day for the last 10 years! Would never make that mistake again. They look clean for 5 minutes after cleaning, then just look filthy again. Don't do it. The dark grey floor tiles I have in the kitchen are much more practical.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now