I'd like to wallpaper my bedroom ceiling so it looks like sky.

(16 Posts)
Belleview Wed 24-Jun-15 18:15:11

Have you seen any good sky and clouds wallpaper? And what colour would you do the walls, to go with it? I'd like a soft, dreamy, calm space. It's a big room with big windows.

Lucy61 Wed 24-Jun-15 19:30:45

Don't do it. confused

wowfudge Wed 24-Jun-15 21:03:50

If you really want it, go for a paint effect. Or just soft colours, different shades of white and cream with beautiful accessories. I can't help thinking that painting the ceiling to look like the sky will just look naff - like the Trafford Centre.

deckthehallswithdesperation Wed 24-Jun-15 21:36:24

Definitely do it! It'll look fantastic. I'm sure you'll find paper if you Google it. A 'twilight' sky with stars would be lovely & I'd team it up with sunset pink walls (don't puke) one of those 'soft' mineral pinks, maybe F&B paint which has fabulous depth. I love theming a room & if you can do it skillfully it'll be amazing. Take the top end house mags as your inspiration, if they did it it wouldn't look naff.

albertcampionscat Wed 24-Jun-15 21:37:05

This is close: www.timorousbeasties.com/shop/wallcoverings/33/birdbranch-hand-print/

Or you could get an extra-large print of this?
www.ashmoleanprints.com/image/221391/john-constable-study-of-clouds

Or go to these people:
www.wallsauce.com/wall-murals/fine-art-wall-murals/bridgeman-gallery/constable-john/

I love the idea, btw. It's not remotely safe or tasteful, but who cares.

PoorNeglectedBike Wed 24-Jun-15 23:02:29

I looked into this. You can buy huge photographs as wall paper iyswim. I'll try to find a link...

gamerchick Wed 24-Jun-15 23:07:22

I do wall sized murals in my house. They come in panals and you need to have go go gadget arms to clag them to a wall.

There's no way I would attempt a ceiling and if you do get a crew to help.

WhenMarnieWasThere Wed 24-Jun-15 23:08:41

I have a soft, wedgewood blue painted on my ceiling.
And cream warms.

(And matching wedgewood blue woodwork too, for that matter.)

It's not fashionable. We don't care. We like it.
It's like looking into the sky a bit. And very restful.

gamerchick Wed 24-Jun-15 23:10:14

You would be better off using some sort of thin wood or plastic, stick the panels on first and screw them into the ceiling

Qwebec Thu 25-Jun-15 01:49:34

I think it could be beautiful. A few websites print pictures like people said.
Alternatively, what about venetian plaster in light blue shades?
What is great with this is that it will give lots of depth to your ceiling. I'd go with neutral colors for the rest of the room.

Qwebec Thu 25-Jun-15 01:50:57

www.flickr.com/photos/47260741@N06/4795928127

echt Thu 25-Jun-15 08:11:39

I was thinking those clouds at the beginning of "The Simpsons".

Or Magritte

Fairylea Thu 25-Jun-15 08:15:57

If you're planning to sell it in the future.... don't! shock (unless you don't mind the hassle of stripping it all off or painting over it loads of times to cover it).

chemenger Thu 25-Jun-15 08:19:55

Paint it light blue then get a sponge and sponge on the clouds with white paint.

spiney Thu 25-Jun-15 08:20:19

Google Anna French Cloud Wallpaper. That's a lovely one.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Thu 25-Jun-15 14:34:07

I would love a cloud ceiling, OP. I've always thought it would have to be done by a seriously good painter to avoid the home-made effect, but wallpaper is a great idea.

I'm not brave enough to do a big room but maybe I could do my bathroom... <ponders>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now