Advanced search

How to split the deeds to your house

(4 Posts)
jeylow Sun 21-Jun-15 22:59:00

Hi all I am trying to split the deeds to my semi detached house to allow me to build a property on the land but I'm not sure where to start. Do I have to get permission from my existing lender or do I just go ahead split the deeds then get the plot valued as I want to arrange finance for the build. I am also trying to get an idea of overall build cost for a 2/3 bedroom house.

Rangirl Mon 22-Jun-15 06:35:55

You will need to get permission from your Lender

prepperpig Mon 22-Jun-15 06:37:45

You'll need permission from your lender (because you are devaluing the existing property) plus a solicitor and a surveyor.

Isthereeverarightime1 Mon 22-Jun-15 08:47:09

Lender to give permission they will get your plot revalued with this land removed and also ask the values whether this new property devalues yours - it will all be taken into account. Solicitor for all the legal paperwork and I would guess an architect for initial plans and costs! Your lender will need to know your exact new boundaries so you may wish to seek a solicitors advice first

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: