Talk

Advanced search

Anti mould paint or bathroom paint?

(8 Posts)
jingscrivvens Fri 19-Jun-15 11:07:31

We have a few patches of black spot mould in our bedroom and didn't know if I should use anti-mould paint and normal emulsion or just try using bathroom paint since it's supposed to be anti-mould already?

Anyone tried this out?

twistletonsmythe Fri 19-Jun-15 11:09:03

base coat of pva/water mix is better I find. But you need to treat the cause not the symptom to get rid entirely.

PolterGoose Fri 19-Jun-15 18:12:12

If it's just from condensation, common in poorly ventilated bathrooms, clean with bleach, or HG Mould Spray, and paint with bathroom paint.

Do not use PVA, it is not waterproof and will stop paint adhering.

Millymollymama Fri 19-Jun-15 18:58:58

Ventilate, ventilate, ventilate! No paint will help a damp room. You need to sort out why it is damp, then put that right.

specialsubject Sat 20-Jun-15 13:14:27

don't paint it - clean it and fix the cause.

Heleng1982 Sat 20-Jun-15 13:21:37

use Milton neat and wipe affected area it's amazing I used alsorts trying to get rid of mould /damp patches and someone suggested Milton and it got it all of and it's been a couple of years now.

hotandbothered24 Sat 20-Jun-15 13:24:03

You can also get anti- mould additives that you can stir in to any emulsion paint. We live in an old house and certain areas are prone to mould

Ruhrpott Sun 21-Jun-15 09:51:33

Our decorator advises use of Zinnser perma white paint in bathrooms and kitchens but only after sorting out the cause.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now