Talk

Advanced search

Fires- please help!

(6 Posts)
Daggering Mon 15-Jun-15 17:42:16

I need to replace my two gas fires. I want Victorian-style black cast iron ones. Our local fire shop quoted £4000 for the two (including everything- cast, fire, surround etc) without chimney liners and £4800 with chimney liners. Both prices include fitting but fitting is coming in at £500.

I think this is extortionate. I want to get our plumber to fit the fires but I need to buy them myself.

Has anyone had any experience of buying fires online? If so, how much did they cost? Was this cheaper than a showroom was doing it for? Where did you get them from? Did you have any problems?

Please help- I'd budgeted about £2,500 for the two fires and can't afford it if the quote from the fire shop is reasonable sad

GiddyOnZackHunt Mon 15-Jun-15 17:54:39

We got our fire and surround from an online place in Derbyshire for £600 delivered and it's lovely. Will check name later or Google Jubilee cast jurastone.

Mitzimaybe Mon 15-Jun-15 18:36:50

These are the ones I was looking at for my previous house. N.B. check carefully what's included and what's not - not all these are suitable for gas, some are "real" fires only.

www.victorianfires.co.uk/jig_combination_fireplaces/art_nouveau_combination.html

Daggering Mon 15-Jun-15 18:38:16

Thanks both.

I should say as well that I don't have a car ATM so can't travel too far from Lancashire!

Mitzimaybe Mon 15-Jun-15 18:39:31

This is the same or a related company, I think:

edwardian-fireplaces.co.uk/cifp

HTH

GiddyOnZackHunt Mon 15-Jun-15 18:49:30

Cast fireplaces was the company. They did incredibly reasonable timed delivery. They had lots of good reviews

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now