Talk

Advanced search

Have just had yet another offer rejected

(13 Posts)
TobleroneBoo Mon 15-Jun-15 17:20:04

Dp and I are trying to buy our first home. First one we went for, got most of the way along and the vendors dicked us around totally.

Over the weekend we saw and fell in love with a property, put in an offer and were told today that vendor was torn as had a higher offer from a buyer in a chain, but liked us as we were first time buyers.

The higher offer won, of fucking course.

I'm so sick of this heartache. There has been so much going on in between, we do everything by the book but everybody is just blinded by money and rarely first time buyers get a chance.

Don't even know why I'm writing here, just to vent really :'(

Pantone363 Mon 15-Jun-15 17:21:25

Lots of chains collapsing around here, maybe they'll come back in a while? Then you can hit them for a discount!

TobleroneBoo Mon 15-Jun-15 17:24:10

I hate to wish bad upon anybody, but I hope something does happen. We truly loved this one and it's been the most gutting. EA did say that if it fell through they wouldn't remarket they would call us up but still. The one before this we lost out to a cash buyer offering 10k over. We have done really well with a deposit etc, but not well enough it seems confused

ItsNotAsPerfectAsItSeems Mon 15-Jun-15 17:27:41

Can't you match the higher offer? Are you offering quite a bit below asking in the hope that being chain free will make then take the lower offer. That can work well in a buyers market but Sometimes it's just a sellers market and you need to offer closer to asking.

ItsNotAsPerfectAsItSeems Mon 15-Jun-15 17:28:58

But I do feel for you. When we were FRBs we just saw a house and paid what they were asking. We didn't really have a clue.

TobleroneBoo Mon 15-Jun-15 17:31:59

We offered what it was on the market for, other offer was higher but we don't know what. Possibly could have but I don't think it's worth that and we don't want to stretch ourselves too much for a first home.

I said to dp if we are ever in this situation ( if we ever bloody get a house to sell in years to come) we need to choose FTB and remember how hard it was for us.

StonedGalah Mon 15-Jun-15 17:39:48

It's a bit shit at the moment OP. We were FTB in London in 2010 and got so lucky (can't really believe it tbh). We even got a good discount because close to exchange l got cold feet. I know that's not what you want to hear but we will definitely be going with who feels right for our home as it's been so good for us.

We also got the house originally as we were FTB and the couple liked us so you might get lucky yet!

TobleroneBoo Mon 15-Jun-15 17:46:56

I hope so, thanks everyone, it just feels so bleak at the moment. Nobody except DP knows that obviously I want to live with him and have our life together, but I know we can't have kids until we have a home and see settled etc and the constant setbacks kill me

StonedGalah Mon 15-Jun-15 17:57:19

Not to encourage you to do anything you're not ready, but we only decided to buy once l was pregnant and l think waddling around this house was why we got it grin

pashmina696 Mon 15-Jun-15 18:24:38

fools! we would go for a chain free buyer every time - good luck

Mrsmorton Mon 15-Jun-15 18:31:56

You are so attractive as a chain free buyer. Don't lose hope, I got a house that had fallen through twice for a much better price than the other interested bloke bcse I was chain free. Keep at it.

sianihedgehog Tue 16-Jun-15 10:21:56

We had eight offers rejected, but finally got one accepted last week!

TobleroneBoo Thu 18-Jun-15 15:32:11

Trying to stay hopeful but its not easy sad the annoying thing is I got 2 letters in the post yesterday from EA. One saying we have received your offer and put it forward, another saying it was not successful. We spoke to them about it on Monday and I get the letters on Wednesday. Break my heart all over again why don't you? I'd rather they saved the paper angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now