Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Will 22mm heating pipes go behind coving?

(7 Posts)
Nooname01 Fri 12-Jun-15 13:43:23

The pipes which carry water to the radiators.
We need to get the pipes re-routed out of the floor and need to decide if it's feasible to route them round the ceiling.
(Taking through the upstairs floor would be disruptive and labour intensive.)

Nooname01 Fri 12-Jun-15 16:37:50

Bump

PigletJohn Fri 12-Jun-15 19:11:41

yes, but it will need to be a large size of coving.

Nooname01 Sat 13-Jun-15 06:59:16

Thanks. Will it fit without needing any more work to increase the width from the wall do you think?

PigletJohn Sat 13-Jun-15 09:06:22

you need to go and look at the profile of some sample coving.

Wickes keep a couple of sizes in stock, various manufacturers. It is available in plastic, expanded polystyrene, or in fibrous plaster. I expect you will need the 127mm size. I can't help thinking that under the floor would be better.
www.wickes.co.uk/Products/Building-Materials/Plaster+Plasterboard/Coving/c/1000221

ToBeeOrNot Sat 13-Jun-15 09:29:31

We have 127mm coving and I'd say that you'd just about be able to hide a single 22mm pipe if it was placed as far into the corner as possible. Are the pipes then going to drop down to radiators. It doesn't strike me as a very sensible solution.

RCheshire Sat 13-Jun-15 10:40:53

Similar position in that leaks appearing in unprotected copper piping directly set in ground floor screed. Dropping down from upstairs piping through the walls would undo an amount of last year's work. That really leaves floor or skirting for us downstairs. Leaning towards new channels cut in ground floor to house new pipes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now