Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a funky worktop

(5 Posts)
MerryMarigold Thu 11-Jun-15 22:09:38

What's the latest in worktops? I've heard of concrete? Is it massively expensive. Does it show cut marks. I quite fancy it...

Anything else? I also fancy something quite bright and high gloss (maybe an orangey-red), but not a laminate. What materials would be good for this?

Also, one section of old, weathered wood. Where would I find such a thing?

JulesJules Sun 14-Jun-15 20:14:25

Glass is bright and shiny, comes in wide range of colours. You can get worktops and splashbacks.

There's a company someone mentioned on here who make them from recycled glass, can't remember the name, should be easy enough to Google though.

Don't know about concrete, but you can get quartz that looks like concrete, also quartz that looks like sand with little pieces of shells in it.

JulesJules Sun 14-Jun-15 20:18:08

Remembered the name: Bottle Alley glass

Lelivre Sun 14-Jun-15 20:21:32

Not the latest but visited a Corian workshop recently and all kinds of colours and finishes are available. Saw a rather fantastic hot red/orange colour.

TalkinPeace Sun 14-Jun-15 20:48:04

Unless you plan to replace it within 5 years not at all planet friendly go for what works with your cooking style rather than what is trendy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now