Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

using the same agent to buy and sell property

(8 Posts)
LadyDeGrump Thu 11-Jun-15 21:37:50

DH and I are planning to move shortly. We havent quite put our current place on the market yet but I viewed somewhere earlier that Id like to offer on so that has sped things up. Would there be any advantage in offering the sellers agent first dibs on our place in terms of selling it? We could go to market tomorrow, and provided we arent silly on the price could probably sell immediately (three flats like ours sold in surrounding roads in the last month). However the agent isnt one I would choose if there isnt an advantage.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 11-Jun-15 21:41:39

They might put your offer forward in a favourable light to the vendors, if they have the chance to sell yours. If you go on with another agent, there is no advantage for them to secure the purchase for you.

LadyDeGrump Thu 11-Jun-15 21:52:11

Thank you Thoroughly.

Has anyone done this? I can see the advantage but worried that it makes us more vulnerable to being manipulated by them, IYSWIM

didireallysaythat Thu 11-Jun-15 22:02:13

We did it. It made them VERY focused on keeping things going as they were going to make money when it all came through. But our EA were great - when we were trying to sell (after our buyers changed their mind) they would ring if our regular contact was taking the day off to let us know who was covering our property on that day.

LadyDeGrump Thu 11-Jun-15 22:11:22

Thank you. I am thinking it would help as we REALLY want this flat but arent in the strongest position as not even gone to market.

mineallmine Thu 11-Jun-15 22:13:57

We did this years ago when we bought our current house. The big advantage was that the EA coordinated the closing dates for both properties so we had to spend one night with PILs and that was it.

scarlets Thu 11-Jun-15 23:26:04

Sounds sensible to me. There will be two commissions in it for them, which will keep them interested.

OctoberOctober Thu 11-Jun-15 23:40:47

We did this last month when moving - def kept them focussed with the incentive of 2 commissions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now